Thursday, November 02, 2006

some fall pics and thoughts

This is the tree behind our garage. I think it's the prettiest it's been since we bought the house. I was so afraid we weren't going to have any color at all this year, so it was a nice surprise to see some red's and yellow's on our Maple tree.

I love fall. I love the crisp bite to the air, the cooler mornings, the break from the heat and humidity. But I hate the time change. I hate coming home from work in the dark, I hate that we have such a short fall and then winter is on us almost immediately.

We've already had a couple of fires in our fireplace this year. It's just been so cold at night. It got down to 31 last night, and I'm so not ready for that.

I looked at the calendar this morning, really looked at it, for the first time in a few weeks. Thanksgiving is three weeks away. Let me say that again THREE weeks away! Hello? How did it get to be the holidays? And Christmas? Christmas is 52 days away. Thank goodness my Christmas shopping is all done!

My foot is still messed up. It's hurting, even with my Nikes on all day long. I'm out of meds, and the dr was pretty clear that I shouldn't come back before two weeks are up. Needless to say, I'm not getting on the treadmill, and I'm scared to step on the scales because I've been as hungry as a rhino lately.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Gee, thanks for the reminder that Christmas is 52 days away... LOL =) Sorry to hear you're still having foot pain. =(