Thursday, October 04, 2007

reports of my demise were premature

I AM still here and among the land of the living. Just super swamped, both at work and at home. Can't seem to find time to do much of anything. I can't even find time to decide on the first batch of pictures I want to scrap.

But boy did we have a great time! The game was wonderful, the weather was fallish, and the great citizens of Green Bay, well, they were great as usual. You know they have to be sick of Cheeseheads and tourists and fans, but everyone was super nice to us. Here are some pictures:

This is during the game, obviously. LOVE our new camera. The zoom on it is amazing. We were 16 rows back so we were pretty close to begin with, but even at the far end of the stadium the pictures turned out great.





This is from our lunch at Curly's Pub. The absolutely best nachos I've ever had. We really wanted to try the O-Line burger, but it was 40 oz and we didn't think even on an empty stomach we could handle it and the "bucket of fries" it came with.







A nice couple a few rows behind us agreed to take this picture. I didn't even realize at the time that I was standing on a row of bleachers and that Stephen wasn't. Oops! Well, at least we're not totally mutt and jeff in this picture.







This is while we were waiting in line to get in to the tailgate party. A nice couple from Southern Mississippi snapped this pic for us. We ended up seeing them in the hotel bar on Monday night and had a really nice chat with them, while Stephen discovered the Green Monkey (I'll post the recipe tomorrow). LOVE the new jersey that Stephen bought me at the Packers Pro Shop. He bought me a black one at The Jersey Store the next day. I'll have to model it later and post a pic this weekend maybe.

Last one for today. This is us in front of the statue of Curly Lambeau in front of the stadium, right outside the Atrium and the Pro Shop. A really sweet man that lives in Green Bay offered to take our picture. Of course he said "eh, you two aren't from around here are you?" and we all had a good laugh. After taking this one, he offered to take a picture of us in front of Vince Lombardi's statue (I'll post that later too) so we of course took him up on that as well. This was from Friday afternoon, about 30 mins after we hit town. We checked in to the hotel and went straight over to the stadium and Pro Shop. It was very nice, cool, windy and sunny. I swear the whole trip my hair was in my eyes more than where it belonged. I finally gave up trying to keep it behind my ears even.

Well, that's enough for today. I'll try to post more tomorrow. I figure I have enough stories and pictures to fill up the blog from now til the end of the year.

No comments: