Friday, August 31, 2007

Happy Labor Day, foot, football, and shorttime-ing

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone! I hope you have a safe, happy holiday!

We went to the football game last night. We had a nice time, even tho the Packers got beat. The starting offense only played for two series, and the starting defense only played one series. When you take in to consideration that the Titans played their starters in to the Third Quarter, it's no surprise the Pack got beat. It tried to rain a time or two, drizzling for a few minutes then stopping, but there was an incredible breeze blowing. By the time we got home (12:40am) my foot was killing me, again. It's been hurting for a couple of weeks, but the 1 1/2 mile walk one way to and from the parking lot to the stadium trashed it. Why 3 miles walked outside should be all that different from the 2 1/2 miles I run and the 1 mile I walk in the gym at least 3-4 times a week is beyond me. Thank goodness I made an appt two weeks ago to see the podiatrist this next week before we leave on vacation. I'm hoping and praying that he'll give me another shot.

Shorttime-ing. That's me for sure. I'm soooo ready for vacation. I can't wait to get away, from people, from work, from this town. I've been having a hard time staying focused, and I find myself thinking of all the things I need to pack and be sure are ready to grab the moment we can leave.

I frequent a site called sparkpeople.com. It's for weight loss, healthy living, exercise and support. I found a blurb on there that really hit home today. I'm always crushed any time someone asks me when my baby is due or if I just gave birth. I need to try to remember this instead:

Reading your own thoughts into someone else’s words

Example: Someone made a mildly critical or unsupportive remark to you, and you feel completely devastated. Reality: The more bothered you are by such remarks, the more likely it is that you are being overly critical of yourself. When you treat yourself with respect, what others say won’t matter nearly so much.

No comments: