Thursday, August 21, 2008

wet Thursdsay & is customer service dead?

So it's Thursday. It's wet. But I looked at the radar this morning and it was clearing off. So Stephen and I both rode to work this morning. I suspect we'll get wet at some point today, be it at lunch or on the way home. Stephen's bike requires a 600 mile service. The head mechanic at the dealership told us to call 7 to 10 days ahead of time to schedule an appointment to have the bike serviced. Told us we could do it on a Saturday, no problem. So I called yesterday to set up the appointment. The service department manager refused to schedule an appointment for us. Told me that "no one" makes appointments "anywhere" and that it was first come first serve. So I said okay, fine, that's not what we were told, but we'd drop the bike off on a Saturday morning and come back before they close to pick it up. He told me no, they'd have to keep it for a week or longer to do the service job. Ah, hello? Then why did your mechanic tell us it would take 3 or 4 hours max? He gave me some BS story about how the engine had to be COMPLETELY cold and that to do that, the bike would have to sit a minimum of 24 hours. Hmmm, strange, the head mechanic never mentioned that. He got really ugly with me and told me that the fastest turn around ANY service department had in the state was a week and that if I didn't like it, that was tough. Then he started in on how I shouldn't expect an appointment because he only makes appointments for handy capped people (his words!) or people who have to drive a long distance. Hmmm, 100 miles ONE WAY isn't "a long distance"? Men!!

So the way the weekends fall, we'd need to have the bike there on the 30th and not pick it up until the following Saturday, which Stephen has to work. That would mean two weeks without the bike. So my hubby is out driving around the county, trying to put 200 miles on the bike in two days so we can drop it off THIS Saturday and go back to pick it up, hopefully, on the 30th. All because this guy has an attitude issue and thinks a 4 hour service job will take an entire week. Double Men!!

At least tomorrow is Friday, right?
Later!

2 comments:

cindyMN said...

I would call back the mechanice that told you that, and ask him about it. See what he thinks, Then if he says the same thing ask him to please call the service dept for you. You would be surprised that if they hear it from the "horse's mouth" so to say..the tune changes. It seems silly to lose your ride for over a wk!! It's hardly worth it.

Anonymous said...

I would have Stephen call the service dept manager. I bet he gets a different story. Sounds like this is one of those places that maybe doesn't play well with women. And why does he have to drive 200 miles? You can take a vehicle in a little early for a service. It doesn't have to be right at 600. I would also call some other places, even if they are further away, just to hear what they say on how long it takes to service it.