Tuesday, August 19, 2008

what's new for us!

Wow, I can hardly believe I've neglected my blog for almost 2 months. I swear life has gotten in the way more than I'd realized. Work has been so busy I can barely find time to breath. And home, well, home has been busy with something new. New wheels to be exact.

We decided to buy a 49cc scooter for me to drive back and forth to work. So we found one, bought it, I loved it, Stephen loved it (but he has to drive too far to work to ride one) but decided he wanted a motorcycle. So, we began the search for a small motorcycle for him. We found a steal on a 2005 Yamaha Virago so we bought that the first part of July. It didn't take Stephen long to master it, and decide he wanted a bigger bike. So, he graduated to a 2008 Suzuki C50. Soooo, I got his Virago! I've been riding it to work for about a week now. We both love riding so much, I never dreamed how much fun it would be. Stephen's already anticipating getting a bigger, bigger bike in a couple of years and giving me his Suzuki. I told him I love how nimble the Virago is, I may not want his Suzuki. Here's a few pics:

This is the first day learning - in our back yard. I never got it out of first gear. That day I was just practicing starts and stops, and super low speed turns.



This is from a few days later, in the football stadium parking lot. I nearly laid it down that da
y. One good thing I learned, I CAN pick it up by the handle bars! And be careful taking off from a stop while on an incline or a hill.

And here is Stephen's new bike. He bought a tinted faceplate for his helmet while we were at the shop. Plus a n
ice, plated jacket. I'm still looking for a jacket, I'm having a hard time finding one that fits the way I want it to fit. It may be a long search.

So that's what we've been up to - learning to ride motorcycles. I never thought I'd ride as a passenger, never mind learn to drive one on my own, but here we are. We're loving every minute of it. And the lower gas bills aren't upsetting us any either!

Later!

No comments: