Monday, March 24, 2008

two sickies: the dog and me

I am so glad I was able to get Annabelle in to see her regular vet Friday. I'm convinced the other lady doesn't have a frakin' clue (yes, we watch Battlestar at our house) what's going on. Jeanine said her kidneys are fine, great for a dog her age, and she has no idea why she's still getting up two to four times a night. But the bad news is, her liver is getting bad. She wants her to take two months of meds and we'll check the liver again to see if the function is improving. 60 pills, $78. Ouch.

And I was sick all day yesterday. Got up, felt fine, when to the grocery, came home, started lunch, ate lunch, then oh no. What a nightmare. I haven't been that sick in a long, long time. I couldn't hold on to anything. I was so weak I could barely get up and down the stairs yesterday. I'm thinking it was a 24 hr bug. At least I'm hoping that's all it is.

So, consequently, I don't have that a file for you. I'm sorry, I'll try my best to get on something tonight, so please check back tomorrow. I'm always open to suggestions, so feel free to let me know what you think or need.




No comments: