Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Be thankful for what you've been given.

This is so hard to remember. It's so easy to get caught up in the "I wish I had this" or the "my life would be perfect if" game. So today I'm going to try to look at the things I should be thankful for. But first some business to take care of.

Three winners were chosen for the digital drawer contest. Big surprise, I wasn't one. One was a baby layout, which I knew would happen. I guess I just don't have what it takes.

I canned 9 1/2 quarts of tomato juice last night. I was so tired when I was done I couldn't keep my eyes open. It will be so nice to have fresh juice for chili this winter tho.

That job I applied for about 3 weeks ago? I emailed them about a week after I sent my
resume, telling them how excited I was and asking if I could schedule an appt for an interview. I got a HATEFUL message on the answering machine stating that they were waiting to get all the resumes in before making any appts and they'd be in touch. Nothing since. No email, no phone calls. So by showing my excitement and asking for an appt I screwed myself out of a chance for an enterview. Jerks. Of course if they're going to be that big of jerks, it doesn't sound like a place I'd really want to work anyway.

I've been getting back in to the walking and diet thing. I walked Thursday, Friday, Monday and Tuesday. I got up to walk this morning, but Stephen was in bed sick with a sinus headache, so I didn't do it. The treadmill makes so much racket, and I have to have the tv on or I go nuts, so I'll try to walk after work today. I'm still at 190, but I'm seeing results. I took my measurements this morning, and while the tape measure doesn't show I'm losing inches, my clothes tell a different story. I put on a pair of dress pants today that aren't tight, but the way the pockets are made, the pockets have always flaired out. They are too freakin' big!! The pockets now lay right and I could actually use a belt! WooHoo!!

And here's a quick layout I did last night with a Free Pea kit from Rhonna Farrar from Two Peas in a Bucket. I just love her work!




So, now for the some of things I'm thankful for and take for granted:

* a job that, which I don't like, does help pay the bills.

* a home, a lovely, if older home, that has a modest monthly mortgage payment and will be ours in roughly 12 years.

* a husband, who loves me unconditionaly, who frustrates me, brings me great joy, and who I truly would be lost without.

* a wonderful mother in law and father in law, who treat me as tho I'm their own child, even if I don't agree with all of their decisions.

* my health, if my only major complaint is headaches and migraines, I am so very, very fortunate.


1 comment:

cindyMN said...

HEY..you are ALWAYS a winner with me and the maniacs..so just keep up the good work!!
Yea..who wants to work for people that leave a nasty message. Who knows..they just might call you in yet though..and maybe they were having a bad day???
keep your chin up!..