Tuesday, May 16, 2006

odds & ends

~ Grey's Anatomy - I am so furious with the writers. Furious that they killed off Denny, furious that they wrote that scene with Meredith and Sheppard. I hope I can calm down over the summer because right now, I'm so mad I wouldn't watch it if it was on tonight.

~ weight loss - what can I say? Non-existant. It's pathetic and I'm fed up and I'm just about ready to throw in the towel. I've been busting my rear and it's all been a big waste of time. Worse, I have to watch Stephen, who easily eats twice as much as I do, lose lb after lb. He's down some 23 lbs now. I'm happy for him, thrilled, but it makes my depression worse.

~ family - we had the lunch from Hades Sunday. Stephen's nephew spent the entire two hour ordeal CRYING his eyes out and no one, not a soul told him to straighten up, act like a 10 yr old, behave, nothing. Why was he crying? Because he was STARVING, had a sunburn (I've had worse burns from hot showers), didn't want to wait, and kept getting beat on his game boy game. Can we say brat? Can we say bust his butt? Can we say embarrassed and mortified and ashamed to the point I won't be able to show my face in the restaurant again? Worse, Stephen was just as fed up and swore he'd call his mother and tell her we weren't going out with them again until someone made his nephew behave. And of course now that he's calmed down, he keeps "forgetting" to call. I told him that's fine. But I'm not going to any functions that involve the devil-spawn nephew.

~ promises broken - I found some really old photos that needed touching up a few weeks ago. I scanned them in, asked Stephen to help me restore them (he's the expert) so I could scrap them, preferrably at the crop this weekend. I asked him three times, he kept saying, yes, I'll work on it later today/tonight/tomorrow. Sunday he promised he'd help ME do them so I'd know how in the future. Fine. He didn't help me. Monday he came home from work and promised again that he'd help me with them after supper. Again, he didn't help. I don't mind that he's not helping me, for whatever laim reason, what bothers me is he keeps saying he'll help me, promising he'll help me and never does. I always prefer a hurtful, disappointing truth over a flat out lie like this.

Saturday -

~ no treadmill, but an hour+ of yard work
~ can't remember what I ate

Sunday -

~ no treadmill
~ Demitries chicken, baked potato, salad
~ Skinny Cow ice cream cone thingy
~ fiesta chicken burrito
~ WW ice cream sandwich

Monday -
~ 32 mins treadmill
~ lf bagel
~ salad
~ chicken breast, two bites of turkey (both grilled), baked potato
~ WW ice cream sandwich
~ nearly ff popcorn

No comments: