Friday, May 05, 2006

sobering thoughts

~ It takes a deficit of 3500 calories to burn/lose 1 pound of fat. Since I have 55 lbs to lose, that's 192,500 calories I have to burn.

~ 55 lbs is the weight of an EIGHT YEAR OLD BOY.

~ It takes roughly 2000 calories a day to maintain 195 lbs if you are sedentary.

~ Assuming a 1200 calorie diet with approximately 250 calories burned in exercise, I should be losing one pound every 3 to 4 days.

~ At 3 to 4 days to lose a pound, it will take approximately 220 days, or seven and a third months, or Christmas time.

~ I have a BMI of 33.88 - acceptable range is 20-25.

~ Even if I get down to 140 lbs, my BMI would still be 24.32!

~ Ideally, I should weigh 120-125.

So, now that we're all thoroughly depressed, the other stuff. (45 mins treadmill this morning. Makes for 18 straight days - I think that's right, 18?)

Thursday ~

~ 45 mins treadmill
~ lf bagel
~ lf bowl of chili
~ Digorno deep dish pizza with wheat chips (double, no triple shame on me!)
~ 12 glasses of water

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, those are depressing statistics. Probably best to not be looking at stuff like that and just keep up the good work. I have to wonder about your ideal weight though. I thought for your height and age it would be more in the 130 range. Where did you get that number?