Tuesday, May 09, 2006

slump

I'm afraid I'm in a slump. Today has been really, really hard. I got up, just knowing that after a week of nothing the scale would move. Nadda, nothing, zilch. So, I didn't give up hope. I walked (40 mins) even tho I right knee was hurting so bad last night I couldn't sleep (it kept me up until 3am when I finally just passed out from exhaustion), showered, and got out the tape measure. I just KNEW I would have lost an inch or two somewhere. Not only did I not lose even a single inch, I GAINED TWO. I had thought I would at least lose a half inch in my thighs (which are starting to LOOK decent) or maybe my hips (in my rear end). But no, I GAIN TWO INCHES. How demoralizing.

And then Stephen has to tell me at lunch when I tell him why I'm so depressed that I'm not trying hard enough. That I have to BURN 3500 calories to lose a pound, not burn and consume less. He tells me I need to walk faster. I'm litterally walking as fast as I can without running/jogging. So then he tells me instead of 45 mins of walking I need to walk an hour and 45 mins every day. I asked him when exactly he thought I had time to do that. It was horrible. It was ugly. And now I want to just throw up my hands and say who gives a damn.

I have a meeting tomorrow so I don't know if I'll be able to get up early enough to walk or not. I need to leave the house by 6:45, so that means I'll have to get up at 5 if I want to get my walking in. Since I didn't sleep hardly at all last night, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get up or not.

Monday ~

~ 45 mins treadmill
~ roast beef sandwich, half an order of fries
~ small salad and a baked potato, dressed with FF stuff.
~ 16 glasses of water

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I'm so sorry you had a rough day, Sussann. Hang in there... this is just a temporary thing. Sending good thoughts your way...