Thursday, April 06, 2006

April Showers....

I woke up to a gentle sprinkle hitting the window this morning. It's so hard for me to get up when it's raining like that. I laid there, kept thinking just five more minutes. It's been raining off and on all morning - the good kind of rain, the nurishing rain that makes everything so lush and green this time of year.

I was thinking last night, I totally love the way we rearranged the furniture upstairs this weekend. What was once a cramped living room is open and inviting. I think a lot of it has to do with taking down the curtains in that room. We have a huge picture window in addition to a regular window in that room. I loved the curtains and rods that were in there - Stephen hated them, naturally. So I took them down to wash this weekend and the next thing I knew, he had taken the rods and hardware down off the walls! So I couldn't put the curtains back up if I wanted to. But shhhh, don't tell, I don't want to! I love how light the room is now, how open. It's amazing how subtracting from a room can make things look so much better. Now to get some fresh paint on those walls. We painted Tender Taupe in that room in 2000. I thought I was being so bold with that color. I've since discovered color on walls is a good thing, and that it won't run off potential buyers. So we're going to go with a brown in that room. Something rich and inviting. While I hate painting with a passion, I can't wait to get it done.

I did 30 mins on the treadmill this morning. A friend sent me some exercises to try for my hip. Thank you Cindy! I'm hoping they will help and I can increase my time walking soon. Such a long road ahead of me. Sometimes it seems impossible. I think I need to set mini goals to keep from losing perspective. I'll need to do some thinking on that.

Wednesday ~

~ lf bagel
~ salad for lunch
~ two lf chicken bean rolls

No comments: